A lot changes when you’ve been in business for nearly half a century. Then again, you don’t last this long as a general contractor without being able to adapt to those changes — and without being able to hold onto the values that got you into the business in the first place. One thing that’s remained consistent for Valley Corporation ever since we were founded: we know our people are the backbone of all we do. And right now, we’re looking for skilled and dedicated people to fill a number of general contractor jobs in the Omaha area.
What We Need From You
Our customers rely on us to tackle their biggest challenges, and place high expectations on us every day. For that reason, we need — and expect — the best from our team. You should:
- Work your best to ensure that our work meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Understand that safety is mandatory, not optional.
Be prepared to adapt with speed and grace.
- Understand that your work makes a difference; there’s no such thing as an insignificant task, project, or client.
- Never shirk a challenge.
What You Can Expect From Us
One thing that sets Valley Corporation apart is that our values are a two-way street. We place high expectations on our people, but we repay that by making sure each employee knows we’re behind them 100%. To that end:
- We understand that your success is our success.
- We will provide you every opportunity to succeed.
- We will empower you and reward your initiative.
- We will encourage you to constantly learn and improve.
- Working together, we will build stronger, more resilient, communities.
Our team members might stick around for the long haul, but the projects we undertake and our open positions change as we grow. Here are just a few of the positions open as of this writing:
- Class A CDL drivers with clean license and safety records; must be capable of performing emergency roadside repairs, familiar with proper loading and balancing, and be versed in FMCSA rules and regs, HOS logs, and the like.
- Heavy equipment mechanics with own tools, who can maintain, repair, and test the wide range of heavy equipment used by Valley Corporation.
- Pipe layers who know the tools and techniques of the trade, and who can instruct others in pipe laying techniques.
- Structure and underground superintendents who can schedule, supervise, handle inspections, and ensure jobsite safety.
- Field interns (paid) who assist on a variety of manual tasks in civil construction projects; these include, but are not limited to, concrete placement, cleanup, bolting, measuring, shoveling, and other duties as assigned.
Technical, experience, and educational requirements vary by position. You’ll find full details and application requirements for each position on our website.
If you’re experienced in the trades, committed to quality, and eager to see your work ethic rewarded, your next job is as close as a mouse click. Each job can be applied for online, and if your qualifications are a good match for our needs, you’ll hear from us quickly. Valley Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.