Job Description Summary
Drives any combination of company owned trucks/trailers to transport materials and/or equipment to job site locations and assists other company positions as needed. Depending on needs in the field you may spend less time in a truck and more time working with other positions to maintain work week hours.
- Must keep truck(s) clean inside and out.
- Must safely drives company owned vehicles to and from job sites to prevent damages.
- Must maintain commercial driver’s license required by state laws and company policies.
- Must maintain communication with supervisors to receive location and movement instructions.
- Must maintain truck logs according to state and federal DOT regulations.
- Must be capable of self-performing emergency roadside repairs such as changing light bulbs and repairing hose leaks (air, hydraulic, anti-freeze etc.).
- Must appropriately know how to use blocks, straps and chains for securing loads.
- Must complete daily pre-trip inspection logs and self-repair any item possible and report any item that may need further mechanical attention to abide by all DOT regulations.
- Must check all fluid levels throughout the course of busy travel day.
- Self-perform maintenance tasks when not driving and time allows
To perform this in this position successfully the individual must be on time, self-motivated, mechanically inclined and willing to take care of all Valley Corporations trucks and equipment as if it were their own. One must possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with a clean driving record. The individual must consent to and pass a nationwide back ground check as required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. The individual must consent to and pass an initial drug screen and also consent to random drug screenings.
Valley Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer