Job Description Summary
Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes.
- Install sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systemsLay out pipe routes, following specifications or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisor
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
- Train others in pipe-laying techniques
- 3-5 years experience preferred
- Educational requirements: High school/ GED and previous construction experience preferred
- Job is physically intense and requires, shoveling, bending, stooping, and carrying over 50lbs
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of personnel and management.
- Self-motivated and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Nebraska Driver’s License.
Valley Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer