Job Description Summary
Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes.
- Install sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systemsLay out pipe routes, following specifications or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisor
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
- Train others in pipe-laying techniques
- 3-5 years experience preferred
- Educational requirements: High school/ GED and previous construction experience preferred
- Job is physically intense and requires, shoveling, bending, stooping, and carrying over 50lbs
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of personnel and management.
- Self-motivated and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Nebraska Driver’s License.
Valley Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join our team
We believe our employees are the ultimate investment. Find out how we can unearth your potential, together!VIEW OPENINGS