Job Description Summary
Heavy Equipment Mechanic performs service, repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and diagnose to determine extent of repair required
- Check equipment for proper performance
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using appropriate tools for the job.
- Test repaired equipment to ensure that works meets manufactures specifications.
- Assists other mechanics with the more difficult assignments
- Performs other related work as required
- Work well with others
- Must have own tools
- Experience with Heavy equipment, Heavy truck, and Light truck
- Educational requirements: High school/ GED and 3 years previous experience required
- Job is physically intense and requires, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bending, stooping, and carrying over 50lbs
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of personnel and management.
- Self-motivated and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Nebraska Driver’s License.
Valley Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer